Livingston NJ office
Kids & Family Dentistry in Livingston, NJ
From preparing for your baby’s first tooth to emergency dental care, trust us with your loved ones’ smiles today!
Going to the dentist’s office never seems easy. Whether you’ve had a painful, even traumatic, experience, or whether you’re just worrying about your child’s first visit, we can “numb” the issues and put your mind (and mouth) at ease. At Kids & Family Dentistry, located in Livingston, NJ, our staff and doctors guarantee a friendly, clean, and professional environment with every visit.
If you would prefer to hear more about our dental services from the point of view of our current patients, please have a look at our customer reviews to learn more.
What We Can Offer Your Baby
At Kids & Family Dentistry, we believe quality dental care shouldn’t start with your first appointment; it should begin as soon as possible. That’s why our website offers guidelines on how to start your baby off on the right track to healthy teeth, from gum care to caring for a full set of twenty little chompers.
These guidelines suggest that you should:
- Use a moist washcloth to gently wipe away any bits of food or residue lining the gums.
- Use water (as opposed to toothpaste) and a soft brush with very few bristles once the first baby tooth appears.
- Bring your baby in to see us about six months after the appearance of the first tooth. Checkups will prevent tooth decay or any other issues from forming right from the start, enhancing your baby’s smile.
What We Can Offer the Kiddos
As your baby begins to grow, their dental care will change. We offer valuable information on our website on what these changes include, such as having them brush four times a day (after each meal and before bedtime) and having you check their teeth every two weeks for signs of decay. However, one thing that shouldn’t change is how you maintain your little one’s evolving smile as he or she moves from infancy into childhood.
Our dentistry is here to assist you with this maintenance. On top of the fact that you should reach out to us if you see anything alarming about your child’s teeth, including discoloration or lines, you should also make sure that your child comes in to see us every six months. Not only will this allow us to catch issues at their earliest stages, but it will also give you time to speak with your dentist about any concerns you may have like when your child should start flossing.
Knowing who will be working with your child is important. That’s why we encourage you to visit our page to learn more about us and how our highly educated and experienced doctors can assist you.
What We Can Offer You
When you put your teeth and gums in the hands of our quality dental services, you gain access to our state-of-the-art equipment for common procedures, orthodontic treatments, oral surgeries, and our many other services.
- Our common procedures include:
- Regular check-ups and cleanings: You take care of your child’s oral health in hopes that they will grow to take care of their teeth the right way themselves. However, you shouldn’t fall short of your own parents’ expectations. Visit us every six months for about 45 minutes for a detailed cleaning session.
- Bonding: Chip happens…and when you chip or crack a tooth, we’ll be there to make sure this doesn’t become a prolonged insecurity. We will match a natural-looking filling to your teeth and no one will ever spot the difference!
- Extractions: There are many reasons to have a tooth removed. Whether it’s a decayed tooth threatening the surrounding teeth or a wisdom tooth that will cause future obstruction or pain, trust us with extractions and replacements.
- Our other services include:
- Emergency Dental Care: We understand things happen even after our offices close. Whether you chipped tooth or are experiencing a strong toothache, call our emergency line and someone will be there to assist you.
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery: Our surgeons are specialized in dealing with the soft and hard tissues in the head, which makes them experts in collective jaw surgery, cleft palates, and wisdom tooth removal.
At Kids & Family Dentistry, we give a vibrant smile to our patients in the Livingston and Harrison, NJ, areas as well as in surrounding areas. Join us at 471 West Mt. Pleasant Ave, Livingston, NJ 07039, call us at (973) 597-1818, or visit our website for a free virtual consultation today!